Monday, September 21, 2009

The New (Improved?) One Happy Panda

Happy Monday everyone!

I promised to say a little bit about the new direction I'm hoping to take the blog in today, so here goes...

When I originally launched One Happy Panda, I did it with the intention of sharing the things that make me happy. These things fall into one of two camps: those that can be bought (a pair of perfect-fit jeans, a gorgeous new lipstick) and those that cannot (less stress, more laughter, solid friendships). Typically, as you might imagine, it's the things that cannot be bought that make the most difference as far as happiness goes. I mean, c'mon, would you rather have a new pair of jeans or less stress?

However, I came to realize during my little blogging hiatus that for whatever reason, OHP focused much more on things that can be bought. Perhaps it's because those are easier to find a write about, perhaps it's because I live in a material society. The "why" doesn't really matter. What matters to me is changing OHP so that it more accurately reflects what really makes me happy.

Which is why I'm switching gears a little bit, and planning to write a little less about "things" and a little more on, well, life. In no way am I an expert on what makes a person happy, and in no way do I intend this blog to become a handbook on how to live the perfect life (like that even exists). However, I do know that even the most tiny life changes can add up to a lot more happy- and since I'm constantly trying to adopt tiny changes that will improve the way I live, I would love to share those things with you, my awesome readers. Those are things I would like OHP to focus on, though I won't be abandoning material things entirely.

PS: Along the way, feel free to suggest new topics and new directions for OHP, either by leaving them in the comments section or by emailing me at onehappypanda at hotmail dot com. I always love to hear what readers have to say, as long as you aren't too mean about it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'm excited to continue reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back blogging!
    But the non-stuff things that make us happy are always the hardest to remember... and obtain when everything else is going wrong. I need a hand book for THAT! AND how to get over things you can't change.

    Can you work on that? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the growth spurt you've just experienced, and I hope you inspire your readers to be less material and more spiritual.
    "Things" are never going to make you happy if you are not happy inside. Oh, by the way - in case you're looking for it that's where happiness is - inside you. You just have to let it out. Give it some space to emerge.
    Good luck with your new direction.

    Live Life Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies!

    Amber- Glad to have you on board, as always. I hope whatever I come up with is worth the excitement, haha.

    B- The non-stuff things are also harder to write about, I think, at least without sounding cheesy or preachy. But I thought it might be a good challenge. :)

    Jacqueline- Thank you for your kind (and very wise!) words. I think we all know deep inside that "things" cannot make us happy. Sometimes we just forget, because things are easier to obtain that internal happiness.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete