To keep myself from devouring muffins at the coffee shop between class and work (and the lab, and more class, and more work...) I compiled a little list of my favorite snacks to eat when I don't have time to sit down for a meal, much less cook one.
My current faves:
- Spicy paprika and garlic almonds.
- Raw almonds and dried cranberries.
- Yogurt. Blackberry, apple cinnamon, blueberry, peach, anything but strawberry (for some reason, I hate strawberry yogurt).
- Chocolate milk and a banana.
- String cheese and an apple.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich, especially if the bread is toasted and the PB is melting (mmm).
- Leftover tomato soup with chili spices, black beans, and corn (especially good when it's cold).
- Scrambled egg with spinach, chopped onion, and bell peppers- this is about as close to cooking as I'll get this week.
Your turn: what are you fave on-the-go snacks? I can always use more ideas!