Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snackage

This week is uber busy for me which means instead of sitting down to three square meals a day, I will probably be doing a lot of on-the-go snacking.

To keep myself from devouring muffins at the coffee shop between class and work (and the lab, and more class, and more work...) I compiled a little list of my favorite snacks to eat when I don't have time to sit down for a meal, much less cook one.

My current faves:
  • Spicy paprika and garlic almonds.
  • Raw almonds and dried cranberries.
  • Yogurt. Blackberry, apple cinnamon, blueberry, peach, anything but strawberry (for some reason, I hate strawberry yogurt).
  • Chocolate milk and a banana.
  • String cheese and an apple.
  • Peanut butter and banana sandwich, especially if the bread is toasted and the PB is melting (mmm).
  • Leftover tomato soup with chili spices, black beans, and corn (especially good when it's cold).
  • Scrambled egg with spinach, chopped onion, and bell peppers- this is about as close to cooking as I'll get this week.
For lots of other snacking ideas, I go here.

Your turn: what are you fave on-the-go snacks? I can always use more ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE apples and bars, two things that I can easily throw in my bag and eat on the go.

    PB & banana sandwiches/toast will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart, too, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday and today I snacked on blue corn tortilla chips and guacamole. delish! but maybe not the best on-the-go snack. I do love bananas and toast and tomato soup. and eggs are the best thing when you don't have time to cook because they are fast, easy, delicious and filling! your mix sounds pretty good, especially with the bell peppers. for me, I usually put in sun dried tomatoes, chives, salt and pepper. mmm, good!

    ReplyDelete