Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Compliment a Blogger Day!

I originally started One Happy Panda because I wanted a place to share the things that made me happy. Well, one of the things that makes me most happy is giving and receiving compliments (something discussed in this blog post over at Operation NICE). When I was in the 4th grade, my dad suggested that I try and give three compliments out every day to help me make more friends- I'm not sure if it made me much more popular in the end, but it has made me realize I love giving random compliments!

So I thought we should try a Compliment Day here on One Happy Panda. Pick a blogger (or two, or three...) and give them one heartfelt compliment- it can be about their blog, their hair, their writing, whatever you like about them. Drop the compliment in their comments/email/whatever, and if you want (though it's totally optional) direct them back here so they can read what this is all about and pay the compliment forward. And maybe we'll start a chain reaction leading to happy bloggers everywhere. :)

My three compliments for the day:

1) Amber (from Amber Alert): You are an inspirational writer and person, and you make me realize that I need to kick my butt in gear! I think you will be a wonderful journalist in the future.

2) Joanna (from Smitten and A Cup of Jo): You are probably one of the nicest, most upbeat bloggers out there. Reading your blogs always makes me feel more cheerful, even when I am having a really bad day. Plus, you find the BEST things on the web (and I'm not sure how you do it either).

3) Melissa (from Operation NICE): I love that your blog is devoted to niceness, and I think it was incredibly nice of you to think of it. Operation NICE is my go-to destination when I want to read something both inspirational and happy.

Alright, now get out there and start blogger complimenting! (And psst, if you're feeling like a real overachiever, you could even compliment some real-life people as well).

4 comments:

  1. I do try to do this everyday.

    You might enjoy my post at Invisible Keepsakes today, Amanda.

    Kat

    By the way, you always choose the greatest photographs to complement your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, amanda, thank you SO much. i am so flattered and touched. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my Kleaning Kwerks post Amanda. I am most appreciative.
    (If you like that one, you will love the latest Blast From the Past!)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you so so much, Amanda. You are SO sweet.

    I would have to pay you a similar comment to the one you paid Joanna, your blog ALWAYS makes me smile and cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete