Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Surprise Post

Phyllis my amaryllis has finally bloomed! I got Phyllis for Christmas as a baby plant and I had just about given up on getting any blooms from her. But this morning I woke up and found this:

Isn't it pretty? It made a happy pop of color on a rainy, dreary Sunday morning. I think when spring comes I will have to look into getting a few more house plants. It is so nice to have something colorful and living to look at don't you think?

PS: Yes, I named my plant. I name everything. It's more fun that way :)

Image is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Aww SO pretty. What a great pop of colour that must add to your apartment. I love flowers, I think they always liven up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of "The Music Man" when I hear the word "Amaryllis". There's a little girl in the cast by that name. What a nice thing to wake up to.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete