Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sleep Makeover Update: Week Four

via Domino
Well it's sleep makeover makeup time. To recap, last week (during finals) was the first week I saw real progress, getting very close to my goal of 7 hours on average. Aaaaand this week...

I did it! I got 7.07 hours of sleep on average.

Of course, I am on spring break, which makes it a lot easier to get sleep. And the bad news is that while I slept more, I still struggled with going to bed any earlier than 1am. But still, this is progress, right?

Next week will be a bit of a test because not only do I work early part of the week, but I have morning classes too. No late mornings here! But I don't think it will be too bad- if anything, it will force me to go to bed and get up more consistently, which should help.

I also have some more incentive now: sleep makes me feel great!
  • I get lots more done during the day, so I feel more accomplished.
  • I have more energy to work out and I'm not downing sugar to stay awake, so I feel healthier.
  • I know that sleeping puts me in a much better mood now :)
  • AND- remember when I brought up the acne/insomnia link a couple weeks ago? Well, my skin has looked a lot better lately! That's not necessarily what I started this sleep makeover for, but it's such a huge bonus since my skin has been stubbornly bad lately. I'm so excited by it!
We'll see how next week goes when I'm back to being a responsible adult and getting up in the mornings.

You can see the rest of my sleep makeover posts here.

PS: I know you all like canopies, but what about more alternative headboards? I think the yellow canvas on the one above is super cool.

2 comments:

  1. I think that yellow headboard type thing looks really cool!

    Good for you for getting more sleep! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Amber I sure hope so!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete